Saturday 28 September 2013

Adult Report for Felucca On The Nile

I will keep this subdued a I know some children cannot help but poke their noses in where they shouldn't.

Thursday was a bit of a rush to leave school and get fed before 5pm when everyone was meeting.
 TGIF should be named Thank God It's Thursday but I suppose because it's owned by the Brotherhood they appreciate their prayer days more than our last day of the working week. After a burger and fries we headed off to meet the rest of the party goers, including the boss who shouted the ride. There's an idea for Gladstone - Dave shouting the staff on a ferry ride around the harbour :-)
The felucca could have fitted 30 + on it but we needed space for the alcohol, chilly bins and a little bit of room for us to mix and mingle. The skipper downed 3 cans of beer during the ride and I wasn't surprised when we started floating backwards onto a bank at one stage, although the wind and current were blamed.
Steve, our school councillor who is responsible for dealing with the naughty kids, kindly donated a bottle of Jim Beam and another of Vodka which were nearly empty by the time we moored and headed off to his place. I'm not sure how they were brought into the country but they were greatly appreciated by 98% of us. I will admit to, and apologise Justin for, performing the All Black haka as my contribution to the sing along section and I could only manage to persuade 1 American to do it with me. Shannon will give anything a go...once. Tony was very relieved it wasn't him that had to get up.
Ignoring the curfew (11pm) we continued the party at Steve's until we realised it was late and we had to WALK home. 35 minutes after leaving Tony, Debra and I finally made it to our place. I wonder how the others who lived further than us got home. Will find out tomorrow ...
Food stop at TGIF right on the Nile, with Bonnie & Bill.

 Tony, the tactician, and our felucca skipper.
 Iti found Steve and his bottle of bourbon...
and became good friends with Jim.

So did I.
 
p.s. There are other photos on the kids' page.


2 comments:

  1. Haha should have read this before posting the other comment ...... so this is the real insight into your life in Cairo LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there's always two sides to every post but only when there is alcohol involved. So if it looks like there was a party then there will be two blogs or I've posted on facebook only. watch this space ...

    ReplyDelete