Friday 30 August 2013

The Ace Club

Last night we popped along to the ACE Club, which is a watering hole for expats. Only Egyptians who are married to expats can go into the club and you have to become a member to belong to it. It's the only place we know that has pork so each time I've been I've eaten ... pork. 


Iti made some new friends with some locals who made themselves at home and found him in my handbag. I pulled him out of the bag to see what they would do and sure enough they treated him as one of their own.

From left: Anna (wife of Ahmed & Senior School English)), Shannon (Middle School Social Studies), Bonnie (Grade 2) and Bill (Bonnie's husband). Shannon and Bonnie are newbies like me.

From left: Debra (Grade 5), Joanne (Grade 2) and Dr Farnsworth (Head of Elementary aka my boss). Debra & Joanne are newbies too.

Once we become members this will be our local. At the moment we pay LE20 to be visitors signed in by Dr Farnsworth which can be a drag if he is not around. Our other option is to stay home and invite others over which may have to happen for a while so we don't drink on our own. That wouldn't look good :-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment